How to post a link
Apart from articles (which can house any type of attachment), you can also post links on bilaterals.org. They may be links to entire websites, such as www.stopepa.org, or to one web page that contains good resource materials, further links, or a single document that you don’t want to reproduce on bilaterals.org.
Links are found throughout bilaterals.org:
Links to very specific materials are posted in the relevant sections like US-Thailand negotiations or EU FTAs.
Links to website that have a more general use are posted in the "Links" section under Get involved. That section divides links into three categories: Corporate groups (e.g. industry associations), NGOs and movements, and Official agencies (government webpages or intergovernmental organisations).
Posting a link is called "referencing a site" in SPIP.
These are the steps to post a link:
1. First, you have to be logged in to the site. To log in, click on ’publish’ on the top bar and enter your username and password. If you have not yet registered with the site, click on this link.
2. Now, you need to reach the "Referencing a site" option. You can either
• Go to the section where you will post your link (e.g. Negotiations -> Other bilaterals -> Asia-Pacific -> China-ASEAN) and click on Referencing a site in the bottom right hand corner.
• Click Site edit in the top bar of the screen, then click Referenced sites, then click Reference a new site at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Fill in the form:
• You can ignore Automatic site referencing unless you want to syndicate the site on biltarals.org.
• Enter the Name of the website or webpage or document you are posting a link to.
• Enter the exact URL you want to link to.
• Choose the Section of bilaterals.org you want it placed in. To browse the sections, click on the magnifying glass icon.
• Enter a few words to Describe the site or page you are linking to.
Then click Submit.
4. Finalising your posting:
• Choose keywords that best match the contents of the site you’re linking to.
• Select "submitted", "published" or "dustbin" on the box on the left side of the screen.