AmCham Kenya | 2 November 2020
Update: Kenya - US free trade agreement
The talks have moved into the second round. This round will be texted based, where the actual text of various negotiating chapters of the trade agreement will be discussed. Kenya has prepared text for the following 13 chapters:
- Legal and Transparency Issues
- Market Access for Goods
- Food and Agriculture/Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
- Textiles & Apparel
- Customs procedures, Trade Facilitation and Trade Remedies
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Services, Digital Trade and Investment
- Intellectual Property
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Government Procurement
- State Owned Enterprises
The government of Kenya negotiating team leads for each of the 13 chapters were introduced to the Private Sector Consortium to facilitate engagement between the Consortium and the Government team.
The Kenyan Government is taking private sector input into the interests, challenges, and opportunities in each of the chapters.