Peoples Daily Online, China
2 September 2004
China, Austria sign economic cooperation agreement
A cooperation agreement between the All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce and the Austria Federal Economic Chamber was signed Wednesday in Vienna to further enhance bilateral trade activities between the two countries.
Vice Chairman of the All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce (ACFIC), Wang Yiming, and Vice President of the Austria Federal Economic Chamber, Richard Schenz, signed the economic agreement.
The cooperation agreement was signed on the sideline of a visit to Austria by Jia Qinglin, chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
Jia and President of Austria’s Federal Council Anna Elisabeth Haselbach attended the signing ceremony.
The agreement was aimed at strengthening friendly cooperative relations and promotion of economic and trade ties between the industrial and commercial circles of China and Austria.
The agreement stipulates as follows :
– Both parties will promote bilateral cooperation through specific exchange activities ;
– Both parties agree to maintain regular contacts, exchange economic and trade information and their experiences in areas of membership development and training, and provide service for their members ;
– Both parties would encourage their members to increase contact by various means and explore the possibility for economic cooperation and create conditions for fulfillment of their goals ;
– Both parties will organize bilateral cooperation under the support of the relevant government departments through organization of industrial and commercial training and seminars, holding economic and trade talks as well as commodities fairs, etc. ;
– ACFIC and the Austria Federal Economic Chamber would like to develop long-term, friendly and fruitful cooperative relations through the above activities.