Financial Tribune | 12 March 2022
Tehran to host new round of free trade talks with EEU this week
A new round of free trade agreement talks between Iran and the Eurasian Economic Union will be held in Tehran this week, according to the head of Trade Promotion Organization.
“We have now come up with two lists of commodities, one containing 80% of the goods traded between Iran and EEU, and the other containing 20%. During the earlier rounds of negotiations, the two sides agreed on tariffs in the first list to gradually move toward zero over the years after the prospective FTA comes into effect. The second list includes sensitive and strategic goods, and therefore, both sides have agreed to keep their tariffs unchanged,” Alireza Peymanpak was also quoted as saying by Mehr News Agency.
The second list, the official added, contains close to 1,500 HS codes for different commodities, which the TPO has made accessible to state-owned bodies and private sector officials and businesses, adding that the list was prepared in collaboration with public and private sector officials.